breaking newsताजा खबरे

Kolkata: 11-year-old boy electrocuted to death

A minor lost his life on Sunday after. He came in contact with a partially submerged lamp post in the Haridevpur area of Kolkata. The unfortunate incident involving the class 6 student occured after the area saw a spell of rainfall on June 26 evening, the police informed. The boy got electrocuted.

The 11-year-old boy, named Nitish Yadav, was walking in the locality at around 7 pm. He accidentally touched the partially submerged pole and immediately fell to the ground, police said.

The boy was rushed to the Vidyasagar Hospital by locals, but he was declared dead on arrival, they added.

The Class-VI student, a resident of Hafiz Md Ishaq Road in Haridevpur, barely a few minutes away from 41 Pally Durga Puja grounds subsequently was electrocuted around 6.52pm. The child’s father – Shibnarayan Yadav – is a driver. According to locals, though the incident took place in the evening it took some time for officials to reach the spot and snap off power in the locality. “Almost an hour later, the boy could be taken out,” a neighbour said “The boy was electrocuted at a waterlogged lamppost located at 34/B Hafiz Md Ishaq Road, a few metres from his home. He was taken to MR Bangur Hospital,” said DCP (Behala) Soumya Roy.

Locals reported

He was later taken to Vidyasagar Hospital where he was declared dead.
Locals claimed the accumulated water was already more than knee-deep. When the kid, who wore rubber slippers, was trying to go to his teacher’s home. The incident took place at the teacher’s doorstep. CCTV footages caught the accident which shows Nitish touching the pole and collapsing. The ‘prasad’ and the slippers the child wore were flung metres away. “This death is result of sheer negligence,” claimed Saroj Yadav, a local resident.
KMC lighting department has asked executive engineers in the boroughs to check all vulnerable lampposts and take safety measures.

Share With Your Friends If you Loved it!